FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DMV NOW is a freestanding self-service kiosk that uses touchscreen technology to guide you through various DMV transactions.
DMV NOW allows you to do the following without waiting in line:
- Complete your registration renewal
- Renew or replace your driver's license
- Renew your identification card
- File for planned nonoperation (PNO) status
- Pay a vehicle registration suspension reinstatement fee
- Submit an affidavit of non-use (ANU)
- Remove an ANU
- Submit proof of insurance when requested by the Vehicle Insurance Program
- Receive your driver record
- Receive your vehicle record
- Receive a replacement registration card or sticker
A registration card and sticker, PNO acknowledgement, or receipt is printed at the kiosk after the completion of your transaction.
- Renew vehicle types not listed above
- Renew vessel registration as they are issued different stickers not available through DMV Now
- Accept proof of insurance for registration renewal
- Process a change of address
• Coach and Park model trailers
• Commercial vehicles that do not pay Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) fees
Registration renewal: Bring the 8 ½" x 11" renewal notice DMV sends you each year or your current registration card. If using a renewal notice, make sure there is a Renewal Identification Number (RIN) on the top left.
Replacement driver’s license: Provide your full name, address on DMV records, birth date and driver’s license number.
Reinstatement fee and submission of insurance required by the Vehicle Insurance Program: Bring your renewal notice, registration card, or letter from the Vehicle Insurance Program with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) located at the top middle portion of the document.
Driver's record: Bring your driver's license or identification card.
Vehicle record: Bring your driver's license or identification card, vehicle license plate number, and last 5 digits of the vehicle identification number (VIN).
Replacement registration card or sticker: Bring your license plate number and last 5 digits of the vehicle identification number (VIN).
Credit and debit card payments are accepted at all locations. All DMV offices and some retail locations accept cash. Only one method of payment is allowed per transaction.
All credit/debit card transactions are assessed a 1.95% service fee.
DMV NOW is available inside select DMV office and retail locations during regular business hours. Find a kiosk near you.
Conduct your vehicle registration in English, Armenian, Chinese, Hindi, Punjabi, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Conduct your driver’s license transaction in English, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese (these languages align with Secretary of State for voting purposes).