FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DMV NOW is a freestanding self-service kiosk that uses touchscreen technology to guide you through various DMV transactions.
DMV NOW allows you to do the following without waiting in line:
- Complete your registration renewal
- File for planned nonoperation (PNO) status
- Pay a vehicle registration suspension reinstatement fee
- Submit an affidavit of non-use (ANU)
- Remove an ANU
- Submit proof of insurance when requested by the Vehicle Insurance Program
- Receive your driver record
- Receive your vehicle record
- Receive a replacement registration card or sticker
- Receive a duplicate vehicle registration
- Receive a duplicate driver's license
A registration card and sticker, PNO acknowledgement, or receipt is printed at the kiosk after the completion of your transaction.
- Renew driver licenses and identification cards
- Renew vehicle types not listed above
- Renew vessel registration as they are issued different stickers not available through DMV Now
- Accept proof of insurance for registration renewal
- Process a change of address
• Coach and Park model trailers
• Commercial vehicles that do not pay Commercial Vehicle Registration Act (CVRA) fees
Registration renewal: Bring the 8 ½" x 11" renewal notice DMV sends you each year or your current registration card. If using a renewal notice, make sure there is a Renewal Identification Number (RIN) on the top left.
Reinstatement fee and submission of insurance required by the Vehicle Insurance Program: Bring your renewal notice, registration card, or letter from the Vehicle Insurance Program with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) located at the top middle portion of the document.
Driver Record: Bring your driver license or identification card.
Vehicle Record: Bring your driver license or identification card, vehicle license plate number, and last 5 digits of the vehicle identification number (VIN).
Replacement Registration Card or Sticker: Bring your license plate number and last 5 digits of the vehicle identification number (VIN).
Duplicate Vehicle Registration: Bring the last 5 of your VIN, full name, driver license number, and plate number.
Credit and debit card payments are accepted at all locations. All DMV field offices and some retail locations accept cash. Only one method of payment is allowed per transaction.
All credit/debit card transactions are assessed a 2.1% service fee.
DMV NOW is available inside select field office and retail locations during regular business hours. Find a kiosk near you.
Conduct your transaction in English, Spanish, Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Korean, Punjabi, Russian, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.